Monday, June 11, 2012

(会員) 06月11日 初級 MUST KNOW 熟語 (30 minutes)


Nico's Beginner's Class
Must Know - June 11, 2011




chilly

1. to have something in common
What do you two have in common?
We have nothing in common.
Well, at least we have our love of dogs in common.
We have that in common.

2. in fact = actually
Do you have a dog?
I do, in fact.
In fact, I don't.

3. to look up to someone = to admire sb
I look up to my father.

to look down on someone
He looks down on me.

4. in order to = to
I need to get another job in order to pay for the operation.

5. in other words
A: Is John coming to the party?
B: He hasn't answered.
A: In other words, he isn't coming, right?

6. in place = ready, prepared
Is everything in place?
Everything is in place.

7. in time / on time
I was a little late to the movie, but I was just in time for the beginning.

8. to keep st in mind = to remember st
A: Why don't you play something on the guitar?
B: OK. But keep in mind I've only been studying for a few months.

9. kind of / kinda / sorta
I'm kind of tired.

10. to look for st = to search for st
I can't find my keys. Will you help me look for them.

11. to look st up = to look in a dictionary or on the internet for some information
A: How do you spell that?
B: I don't know. Look it up.
--------------------------------------------------
12. to make a difference = to do st that will change st
It won't make a difference.
It didn't make any difference.
It will make all the difference.
It made a slight difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment