Tuesday, June 19, 2012

(会員) 06月15日 Part 1: 初級 / Part. 2: 中級ー上級 - Mixed Topics. (1 hour.)

(会員) 06月15日 Part. 2: 中級ー上級 - Mixed Topics. (1 hour.)
1. The police arrested a criminal today.
2. Did you hear the news?
3. This criminal had been hiding for 17 years!
4. Someone recognized him.
5. They called the police.
6. I feel relieved.
I'm relieved.
-----------------------
BASIC CRIME:
7. a crime
8. a criminal
9. to commit a crime
He committed murder
He committed suicide.
10. = sin
11. He was arrested/caught/captured.
12. I hope he goes to jail for a long time.
13. jail = 刑務所
--------------------
14. How was the weather in your part of the world?
humid / muggy
15. Happier is stronger than glad.
I’m ecstatic ... happy ... glad ....pleased... satisfied.

10. I was disappointed in the movie.

11. fun
That looks like fun.    That looks fun.
12. That brings back old memories.
That reminds me of when I was back in high school.
That reminds me of my high school days.
13. My foot was covered in blood.
14. I was bleeding.
15. I cut my foot in the park.
16. I'm embarrassed. 
17.  I'm ashamed.

----------------------------
Intermediate - Advanced June 15, 2011
---------------------------------
She is snorting.
“feet idioms”
1. He can’t dance.
He has two left feet.

2. He is bad with his hands.
He is all thumbs.
He is clumsy/clutzy.   He is a clutz.
3. He is starting to think that maybe he shouldn’t get married.
He is getting cold feet.
4 He is dragging his feet.
5. He is dragging his feet.
6 He landed on his feet.
Don’t worry about me. I always land on my feet.
7. Come on it. Put your feet up and relax.
8 My father put his foot down. = to become strict
9. He can think on his feet.
10. We got off on the wrong foot.
11. Achilles has only  on weakness.
Gambling is his  Achille’s heal.
12. He shot himself in the foot.
13. to step on someone's toes
I hope I’m not stepping on your toes, but don’t you think you should ....?
I don’t mean to step on your toes, but....


No comments:

Post a Comment