Friday, June 8, 2012

(会員) 06月08日 中級ー上級 - Mixed Topics. (45 min.)


1. She did not tell the truth. = She ~.

2. He caught a 10 kg fish, but he told people it was 15 kg. He ~.

3. She is 35 years old, but she likes to ~ the truth sometimes and tell people she is younger.

4. She likes to ~ her age.

5. If you lie in court, that is called ~.

6. He lied in court. He ~ himself.

7. If you lie about a man, you are ~ him.
中傷

8. The accountant ~ the books to make the company look profitable.

9. He lied so as to not hurt her feelings. It was just a ~ lie.
--------
傾向

10. He has a tendency to be late.

11. He tends to be late.

EXTRA: It's likely to rain tomorrow.

I'm going to be late. = I'm delayed.

He was late to an appointment.

I’m running late.

I’m behind schedule.

Can we expect him on time?

He reminds me of my late grandfather.


Woman: I’m late.

12. I tend to agree.

13. I’m inclined to agree.

14. I’m leaning towards the Toyota.

15. He has a penchant for sports.

16. He is prone to accidents.

He is accident prone.

17. He has a proclivity for gambling/women.

~の癖がある

18. He has a proclivity for exaggeration.

19. He has a natural inclination for exaggeration.

20. He tends to shake his leg nervously.

21. He has the bad habit of shaking his leg nervously.

22. That’s a flat out lie.

That’s a bald faced lie.

23. That’s a bald-faced lie.


 -------------------------------------
ANSWERS!
--------------------------------------
 1. lied
X He told a lie.
2. exaggerated
He stretched the truth.
He likes stretching the truth.
It was a fish tale.
It was a tall tale.
3. bend
4. fudge
5. perjury
6. perjured
7. slandering

No comments:

Post a Comment