Thursday, June 28, 2012

(公開) 06月24日 初級-中級​ FUN & USEFUL IDIOMS! 熟語 (30 minutes)

(公開) 06月24日 初級-中級 FUN & USEFUL IDIOMS! 熟語 (30 minutes)
1.
It can’t be helped. (Not so common.)
That’s life.
SIDE NOTE: a pun      a play on words = oyaji gag
What are you going to do? = Whaddaya gonna do?
Whaddaya gonna do?
That’s the way cookie crumbles.
That’s the way the ball bounces.
You have to play the hand you’re dealt.
I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I’m torn between A and B.

2.
X Today is hard rain.
It’s raining hard.
It’s like Niagara Falls out there.
It’s raining hard out.
It’s raining hard outside.
It’s raining cats and dogs.
It’s really coming down (out there).
It’s pouring!
It’s pouring (out / outside / out there)!

3. ~ is a pain.
~ is a pain in the neck.
~ is a pain in the butt.
~ is a pain in the ass.
~ is a pain in my ass.

4. I’m tired. 
I’m exhausted. 
I’m worn out. 
I’m beat.
I’m dead.
I’m dead tired.
I’m dog tired.
I’m pooped.
I’m knackered.
5. I’m bored with ~.
I’m tired with ~.
I’m sick of ~.
I can’t stand ~.
I’m fed up with ~.
----------------
I have a knack for making friends.
I have a knack for getting into trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment