Tuesday, June 19, 2012

(会員) 06月19日 初級​ MUST KNOW 熟語 ​(30 minutes)


There’s a typhoon today.
A typhoon hit Japan today.
There’s a stormtoday.
A storm hit Japan today.

It’s raining today.
X Today is rain.

I hate the rain.
I hate rainy days.
I don’t like rain.
I have to wake up SUPER early tomorrow morning.
I have to get up SUPER early tomorrow morning.
The early bird catches the worm.
I have to set my alarm clock.
I got sick.
Get ~ of that!
Get rid of that.
I want to get rid of my pimples.
I want to get rid of this tire.
I have to get back to work.
Let's get back to work.
When I was a kid I got ~ karate.
This bar is boring. Let's leave. = Let's get out of here.

A: I’m into comic books.
B: When did you get into comic books.
A: A long time ago.
----------
to do st difficult that takes time = to get ~ something
to get through something

A: I don’t want to talk to the lawyers.
B: I don’t either, but we have to. Let’s just get through it.

I couldn't get through this book.

He went through a bad divorce.

He is going through a bad divorce.

He is going through a bad time.

We are now going through a list of useful expressions.

I went through the whole house.

Do you think this hat goes with this shirt?

I decided to go with the red shirt.

I better wrap this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment