Sunday, January 12, 2014

(会員) Jan. 12, 2014 Looking back at the past...part 2

(会員) Jan. 12, 2014 Looking back at the past...part 2
Tomorrow is coming of age day.
1. I used to…
I used to live in NYC.
I used to read comic books.
I used to hate umeboshi.
I used to not like umeboshi.

NOT THE SAME:
I got used to Japanese food.
I am used to the cold.

accustomed to NOUN = be used to NOUN

2. I would…
When I was a boy I would walk 30 minutes to school.

3. When I was a boy/girl…
When I was a boy I was fat.

4. In my day….
In my day people didn't have the Internet.

5. Back in the day, I used to….
Back in the day, we used to…

6. Old school = 形容詞 classic, traditional

7. classic

8. Time flies when you're having fun.

9. I wish I could turn back the hands of time.

10. I wish I could go back in time.
If I could go back in time I would do things differently.

11. Time heals all wounds.


12. Again and again….
I was late again and again.
Over and over….
Time and time again…

13. I did a stint as …..
I did a stint in …..
I did a stint as a taxi driver.
I did a stint in jail.
I did a stint in army.
He did a 7 year stint in the pen.
penitentiary 刑務所

14.
a long, long time ago
once upon a time
in olden days / in days of old
long, long ago

No comments:

Post a Comment