Sunday, January 26, 2014

(会員) Jan. 26, 2014 - Talking about guns & gun idioms

(会員) Jan. 26, 2014 - Talking about guns & gun idioms

Guns are illegal. 
Guns are legal.
Owning a gun is not illegal, but it's very difficult to get a gun here.
Gun control is very strict in Japan.
I have a gun permit.
I have a permit to carry a gun.
I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
I have a concealed weapon permit.
We keep our guns in holsters.
a gun = a firearm
a pistol
a rifle
a shotgun
a bullet
the caliber
a .22
a . 38
a Saturday Night Special
The NRA = The National Rifle Association
a Colt 45 = beer
a .44 magnum = Dirty Harry's gun

Right to own a firearm: The Second Amendment in the USA
He is loaded. a) drunk, b) rich,
The gun is loaded. c) gun has bullets
That's a loaded question.
d) a dangerous question
"Have you stopped hitting your wife?"
---------------------------
They had a shotgun wedding.

to jump the gun = to act too quickly
Don't jump the gun. 
I'm sticking to my guns.
Don't back down! Don't give in!  Stick to your guns!

a smoking gun = very strong evidence
〔悪事などの〕決定的[動かぬ]証拠

No comments:

Post a Comment