Friday, January 24, 2014

(会員) Jan. 24, 2014 - Vocabulary Booster! Mixed

(会員) Jan. 24, 2014 - Vocabulary Booster! Mixed
It slipped my mind.
I have a good memory. = I can remember things well. 
I have a bad memory. = I can't remember things well. 
memory = 記憶
remember=覚える  
I remember you. 
I don't remember that.  
remind someone 
Please remind me to bring my book. 
to remind sb = (人)に思い出させる
I met her, and I remembered my cousin.
= She reminds me of my cousin.
You remind me of your father. 
recall (formal)= remember (common)
I don't recall/remember. 
I don't recall what he said.
I don't recall where he lives.
I don't recall what his name is. 
I don't recall who said that.
He seems familiar.
something that seems familiar
どことなく懐かしい[見覚えがある]もの

I can't place his face.

I took a little trip down memory lane.
A: Her face looks familiar, but I don't know who she is. 
B: Maybe if you talk to her it will jog your memory. 
to jog sb's memory
 jog someone's memory(人)の記憶を呼び起こす

Maybe this will jog your memory.

Please bear in mind that … = Please remember that ….
to ring a bell = to make me remember
That rings a bell. = That helps me remember. 
That name rings a bell. = That name sounds familiar.

He has a memory like an elephant. = He has a very good memory. 
He has a memory like a steel trap. = He has a great memory. 
He has a mind like a steel trap.

If memory serves... = If my memory is correct, then….
I memorized the number. 

  • if memory serves 記憶が正しければ
  • 表現パターンif memory serves me correctly
  • if my memory serves me correctly 私の記憶に間違いなければ
  • 表現パターンif my memory serves me correctly right
  • if my memory serves me well 私の記憶が正しければ
I memorized the number. 
I learned the song by heart.

rote memory
まる暗記、機械的記憶

rote learning - memorization by repetition

No comments:

Post a Comment