Thursday, February 27, 2014

(会員) Feb. 15, 2014 - RANDOM CLASS (Mixed Levels!)

(会員) Feb. 15, 2014 - RANDOM CLASS (Mixed Levels!)

1. I was nervous.

I was a little tense.

I was a little stressed.

I have the jitters. 

I have butterflies in my stomach. 

I am a little jumpy. 

2. He won Japan's  first-ever gold medal in the Olympic figure skating event.

His skating outfit is flashy. 

His skating outfit is flamboyant. 

flame  & flamboyant

She is feminine.

He is effeminate. 

She/he is masculine/macho. 

She is a tomboy. / She is tomboyish. 

He competed against 10 other skaters.

He vied with 10 other skaters.

He is vying for the Gold. 

vie for = ~を奪い合う

High school girl arrested over Arashi concert ticket fraud

She swindled 14 people out of money. 
(人)をだます、(人)に詐欺を働く、(人)をだまして財産などを巻き上げる

Internet savvy

 Internet-savvy 【形】      インターネットに精通した

an idiot savant

to criticize = to point out negative things about st 

criticism

constructive criticism

建設的な批評[批判]


a critic = a book critic, a food critic, a movie critic 

No comments:

Post a Comment