Thursday, February 27, 2014

(会員) Feb. 19, 2014 - 25 Fun / Cool & USEFUL English Idioms & Expressions

(会員) Feb. 19, 2014 - 25 Fun / Cool & USEFUL English Idioms & Expressions

Cool & Fun Idioms
1. It's better to be nice than mean.
=You can catch more flies with ~ than with vinegar.
2. That's gross. = That makes my stomach ~.

3. Why are you so sad? = Why the long ~?

4. He betrayed me. = He stabbed me in the ~.

5. I cannot use my credit card anymore because I used it too much.
= I ~ out my card.

6. Do not regret things that are in the past and you cannot change.
= There is no use crying over spilt ~.

7. I want to talk about something you did that is bothering me. = I have a ~ to pick with you.

8. He has a nice car. = He has a nice ~.

I need a ride.

9. I don't have enough money. = I'm a little ~.
I'm a little shy. / I'm a little short.

10. He is really fun! ~ He is more fun than a barrel of ~.

11. He is a dishonest cop. = He is ~.

12. If you think I'm going to help you, you're barking up the wrong ~.

13. I am in a very difficult situation. = I'm between a ~ and a hard place.

14. Hey! Get serious! = Stop ~ing around!
Stop monkeying around. Stop horsing around. Stop goofing around.

15. He is really rich. = He is ~!

16. I have to ~ up on my history.
16. I have to ~ up on my English.

                    
17. No thank you! = I'm ~!

18. That's really easy! = That's as easy as ~.

19. Those 2 things are completely different. =They're ~ and oranges.

20. He stole from a store. = He shoplifted.

21. She had plastic surgery on her nose. = She had a nose ~.

22. You help me, and I'll help you. = You scratch my ~, and I'll scratch yours.

23. I was just talking about you! Speak of the ~.

24. You are too stupid. = You don't have the ~ bandwidth.

25. A: How would you like that? What kind of toppings would you like?
       B: Give me the works.  


No comments:

Post a Comment