Thursday, February 27, 2014

(会員)Feb 25, 2014 Sports Idioms

(会員)Feb 25, 2014 Sports Idioms

throbbing
Sports Idioms Part 2
Baseball Idioms

1. to keep your eye on the ball
to keep your eye on the ball = pay attention

2. to take your eye off the ball
= to not pay attention

3. a curveball
= a surprise, an unexpected event

4. A: Wanna go out tonight.
    B: Rain check. 
I better take a raincheck. 
I'll take raincheck .

5. a homerun = a) to do a great job, b) to have sex

6. to be out of one's league
She is out of my league. = She is too good for me.
I'm too good for you. = I'm out of your league.

7. the big leagues = the most professional level

8. to play hardball = to deal with sb in a very professionally aggressive way.

9. to touch base
I want to get together with you and talk.
Let's touch base next week.

10. to swing for the fences
= to try to get the hardest goal

11. He did a great job. = He hit a home run. = He hit it out of the park.

boxing idioms
12. to take the gloves off = to attack with no mercy

13. I'm taking the gloves off.

14. to show sb the ropes =
to give sb a tour and show em how everything works.
15. to be/get punchy

I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm a little punchy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment