Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Feb. 16, 2011 - Supersitions

Feb. 16, 2011
Superstitions
noun: a superstition=迷信
adjective: He is superstitious.
adverb: He superstitiously knocked on wood.

It's bad luck to...
It's bad luck for...
It's bad luck for a black cat to cross your path.
It's a pain in the neck.
It's bad luck to break a mirror.
If you break a mirror you'll get 7 years bad luck.

It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride the day before the wedding.
It's a sign of submission to her family.
submissive
submarine
substandard

good luck superstitions
A: SNEEZE!
B: Bless you!

Knock on wood!=I hope what I said comes true.

Cross your fingers!

Cross your fingers for me!
I have a job interview tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me!

Keep your fingers crossed.
I hope you get the job! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

It's good luck to carry your wife into the house.

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

The number 13 is an unlucky number. Many buildings and airplane have

If you spill salt on the table what do you do? Throw it over your left shoulder.

Break a leg!

The 13th person to sit down was Judas.
Judas betrayed Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment