Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nico Nico Douga-公開: Feb. 20, 2011 デモ

Nico Nico Douga-公開: Feb. 20, 2011
デモ
a demonstration
to demonstrate
a protest
to protest
a march to march
a rally to rally
a sit-in
-------------------
Some fun expressions!
1. 何とも言えないな。
Yes and no.
What can I say.
I can’t really say for sure.
I’m not really saying anything.
I’m not going to say anything.
It’s hard to say.
I’m ambivalent.

2. 知るかよ!
Who knows!
Who cares!
Only God knows.
Hell if I know.
How should I know.

3. 頼むよ-!
Please!
I beg you!
I’m begging you!
Gimme a break, man!

TIME OUT FOR A NOTE: I want to go the USA and study English.

4. バッチリ!
Perfect!
Well done!
Good job!
That’s great!
Kick ass!

-------------------
People are holding demonstrations against the government in Libya.
The government has killed 200 people in Libya.
The death toll in Libya is more than 200.
The protest death toll rises to more than 200.
The protest death toll has risen to more than 200.
to stage a protest
People are staging protests in Bahraini.
People are marching against the government in Iran.
to hold a rally
The workers held rallies in the street.
to hold a sit-in
The students held a sit-in to protest against tuition hikes.
tuition=学費
革命!
It’s a revolution!
to revolt against (the government)
a revolt
People are revolting against the government.

カオス
The Middle East is in chaos!
The Middle East is a mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment