Monday, February 7, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Jan. 31, 2011

snow flurry にわか雪
たまにね。
Sometimes.
At times.
Once in a while.
Every once in a while.
Occasionally.
From time to time.
Every now and again.
Every so often.

Adding “every” to an expression gives it a colloquial feeling.


多少はね。
More or less.
That’s about right.

ある意味では。 In a way.

私も。
Me,too.
Same here.
Ditto.
Join the club.
You’re not alone.

You’re not the only one.

Special case:
I want to quit my job.
I’d like to meet him/her.
Get in line.

誰が悪かった。
X Who was bad?
Whose fault was it?
Who was to blame?
Who’s responsible? / Who was responsible?
Who is/was in the wrong?
Who was at fault?
Who is the responsible party?
Who is the individual responsible?

難しすぎて、わからない。
That’s/It’s Greek to me.
It's all Greek to me.
That went right over my head.
I’m lost.
You lost me.

It’s easy.
It’s a cinch.
It’s a breeze.
It’s child’s play.
No sweat.
It’s a piece a cake.
It’s as easy as pie.
It’s a walk in the park.
It’s not rocket science.
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to understand this.
It’s a no-brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment