Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Jan. 30, 2011

Today is COLD. It's cold today.
So we're going to learn some COLD idioms.
Basic:
I am cold.
I caught a cold.
I have a cold.
I can't seem to ~ this cold.
I can't seem to shake this cold.

How cold is it?
cool < chilly < cold < icy < freezing < arctic
cool chilly cold icy freezing arctic



Cold Idioms:
1. She is really unfriendly to me.
She is as ~ as ~.
She is as cold as ice.

2. I talked to her, but she was not friendly to me.
She gave me the ~ ~.
She gave me the cold shoulder.

3. His wedding is tomorrow, but he's starting to doubt his decision.
He's starting to get ~ ~.
He's starting to get cold feet.

4. If you want to stop smoking,
you should stop completely.
Not gradually.
You should stop smoking ~ ~.
You should stop smoking cold turkey.

5. They refused to include me in any of the activities.
I was left ~ in the ~.
I was left out in the cold.

6. These are the unpleasant facts.
These are the ~ ~ facts.
c

7. I don't take credit. I only take CASH!
I only take ~ ~ cash!
I only take cold hard cash!


8. I was so nervous that I broke out in a ~ ~.
I was so nervous that I broke out in a cold sweat.

9. Ichihashi killed her in ~ ~.
Ichihashi killed her in cold blood.

10. If you want revenge you should wait.
Revenge is a ~ best served ~.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

11. I am not drunk at all. I am stone ~ ~.
I am not drunk at all. I am stone cold sober.

12. I will never go out with you! NEVER!
It'll be a ~ day in ~ before I ever date you!
It'll be a cold day in Hell before I ever date you!
It'll be a cold day in Hell before ....

No comments:

Post a Comment