Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jan. 16, 2010 -look, see, watch idioms: ALL LEVELS!

Can you rewrite the following expressions using "look, see, or watch". Or fill in the blanks.

1. I understand.

2. Be careful!

3. Can you take care of my dog?

4. I’m ~ for a new job.

5. Do you have a boyfriend?
Are you ~ anyone?

6. Joe and I don’t agree. =
Joe and I don’t ~ eye to eye (on everything).

7. That cut on your arm ~ bad. You should have a doctor take a ~ at it.

8. That cut on your arm ~ bad. You should ~ a doctor.

9.
Q. How old are you?
A. How old do I ~?

10. You ~ great for your age.
----------------------
Go fly a kite!=Go away! / Go to Hell! / Get out of here!
By request:

What is the difference
between: “casual” & “informal”?
The dress code at school is ~.
Jeans are ~.
He had an ~ conversation
with the boss.
He was being a little too ~.
It’s an ~ rule.

What is the difference between:
“compliment”& “complement”?
White wine ~ seafood.
Red wine ~ beef.
Thanks for the ~.
She ~ me on my hair.


REVIEW REVIEW!
1. You could get a haircut.
2. Why don’t you get a haircut.
3. How about getting a haircut?
4. You should get a haircut.
5. You ought to get a haircut.
6. Have you thought about getting a haircut?
7. I think you should consider getting a haircut.
8. Why don’t you think about getting a haircut?

9. You have to get a haircut!

10. You must get a haircut!

11. Get a haircut!

12. Get a hair cut already!
You might as well get a haircut.
------------------------------------
1. I see.
2. Watch out!/Look out!
3. Can you watch my dog?
3. Can you look after my dog?
4. looking
5. seeing anyone/someone
6. see
7. looks/look
8. looks/see
9. look
10. look
-----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment