Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nico Nico Douga Advanced - Jan. 28, 2011

How do you relieve stress?
I relieve stress by...
1) I'm looking to V.
I'm looking to buy a house.

2) There happened to be =偶然

3) Eventually, that border collie learned over 1,022 words.

4) He has a good ~.
memory / memorization

5) I have good ~.
recall / memory

6) I have a nice ~ of you.
memory / memorization / recall

7) He can ~ the names of over 1,000 toys.
memorize / remember

8) I’m sorry officer, I don’t ~
remember / recall / memory

Q: What happened the other day?
A: I can't remember / recall.

9) This dog can 区別する!
How do we say 区別する?

a) to tell
He can tell the difference between A & B.

b) distinguish=
見分ける、区別する、識別する
He cannot distinguish A from B.
He distinguished himself
by working really hard.
He distinguished himself through his music.
He has had a very distinguished career as a director.
Who is the distinguished looking gentleman over there?

c) to differentiate=
~を識別[区別]する、
差別化する
He could differentiate A from B.

d) to discern= 〔はっきりとしない
ものを目で〕見つける、見定める
I am good at discerning his real message.
I could not discern any difference.

Related:
discerning=having good
taste or judgment

He is a man of discerning taste.
discernible / indiscernible
There was no discernible change in his condition.
The effect of the medicine was indiscernible.

e) to discriminate=
He discriminates against blacks.

To distinguish by noting differences; differentiate:

discriminating=showing or indicating careful judgment and discernment especially in matters of taste; "the discriminating eye of the connoisseur"

He has the discriminating taste/eye of a connoisseur.

No comments:

Post a Comment