Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Dec. 23, 2010 Lesson - Beginner

Did you finish your Xmas shopping?

Dec. 23, 2010
Practical English
Intermediate-Advanced

1. to take st seriously
Don’t take him seriously.
I didn’t take it seriously.
He takes his job
very seriously.
The police did not
take the threat seriously.
2. to take st at face value
to believe what sb/st says
You can take him at face value.

Bonus: interrogate=尋問する


jurisdiction

3. to pick up st
I picked up a pen.
I picked up a girl in bar.
I picked up a Nagoyan accent.
I picked up a a little
Thailand last summer.
I picked up the guitar.
I picked up a little guitar.
We played a pick-up
game of soccer.

4. never in my wildest dreams
Never in my wildest dreams
did I ever imagine I’d be living
in Japan when I grew up.
Never in my wildest dreams
did I think I would be
teaching English on NND.

No comments:

Post a Comment