Monday, January 24, 2011

Jan. 24, 2011 - Nico Nico Class - Common Mistakes

1.彼女がほしいなぁ。
×I want to make a girlfriend. 

〇I want a girlfriend.


2.四人家族です。
×My family is four. 

〇We are a family of four.  
〇There are 4 people in my family.


3.去年、スイスを旅行したの。
×I traveled to Swiss last summer. 

〇I traveled to Switzerland last summer.
〇I went to Switzerland last summer.


4.彼女は幸せそうに見える。
×She looks like happy. 

〇She looks happy.


5.チーズバーガー下さい。
×I'll eat a cheeseburger.
×I'll buy a cheeseburger.

〇I'll take a cheeseburger.
〇I'll have a cheeseburger.


6.週末にレストラン行かない?
×How about go to the restaurant this weekend? 

〇How about going out to eat this weekend?

7.日本についてどう思う?
×How do you think about Japan? 

〇What do you think about Japan? 
〇How do you like Japan?


8. 酔っ払ってしまったわ。
×I was drunken. 

〇I got/was drunk.


9. 楽しい時間を過ごせたわ。
×I had a funny time. 

〇 I had a fun/good time.
〇 I enjoyed myself.

--> Did you enjoy yourself? = Did you have a good time?


10. 彼は一生懸命働くわ。
×He works hardly. 

〇He works hard.


11. たくさん宿題があるの。
×I have many homeworks. 

〇I have a lot of homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment