Saturday, July 30, 2011

ニコニコ動画-July 29, 2011 - 中級ー上級

July 29, 2010

We're continued a lesson from the last intermediate to advanced lesson.

How do you say,“I have a gun.”in movie English?
I’m packing. I’m strapped.

How do you say 足がパンパン
My legs/feet are swollen.

What is the difference between “supposed to” and “mean to?
You're supposed to eat this with wasabi.
You're supposed to be at work at 9am.
I’m supposed to meet a friend after class.
It supposed to sound like rain.

Its not meant to hurt.
Its not supposed to hurt.
It was supposed/meant to be a joke.
I meant to call you earlier, but I got busy.
I didn't mean to do/say that.


This medicine should work.
This medicine is supposed top work.
He’ll be here soon.
He should be here soon.
I was meant to teach.
She was meant to be a star!

I haven't got the hang of it yet.
I 'm still getting the hang of it.
I haven't quite got the knack yet.

I picked it up when I was in college.

I picked up smoking when I was in Spain.
----------------------------------
to impersonate sb
criminal: He impersonated a policeman.
Can you do any impersonations?
--------------------------
Do you want to see my imitation of ...?

It's an imitation Rolex.
It’s a copy of Rolex.
It’s a fake Rolex..
It’s a Rolex knockoff.
It’s a phony Rolex.
He's a phony. =He is not sincere.
It’s a pirate copy.
It’s a forgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment