Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 3, 2011 OPEN CLASS ON NICO NICO

July 3, 2011 OPEN CLASS ON NICO NICO

Tonight I'm going to teach you some FUN English!
1. In Japanese we say: 足を洗う。
In English what do we say?
Ex: I wash my hands of this.

2. In Japanese we say: 足を引っ張る
What does "pull someone's leg" mean in English?
It means "to joke".
Ex: Really? You were kidnapped by aliens? You must be pulling my leg.

3. In Japanese we say: 胡麻をする
In English we use the word "butter".
Ex: Are you trying to butter me up?
Why are you buttering me up?

4. 胡麻をすると言えば、英語で
kiss someone's assという言い方があります。
どういう意味か分かりますか?
例えば、He is always kissing the boss' ass.
Here is a related word:
He is an ass-kisser.と言ったら、
彼はおべんちゃらを言う人です。

5. ちょっと危ない言葉を学んだところで、
That was a kiss-ass movieって言ったら、どういう意味?
そうそう!この場合kick ass + 名詞 = いいこと

今までに面白い英語を教えてきた。
今からもうちょっと「practical」英語を教えます。
How about some "practical" English?
Do you know what "practical" means?
Something "practical" is "useful".
"practical"=日常の

6. In Japanese we say: 勘弁してください。
Do you know what we say in English?
We say, "Give me a break!"
or
"Spare me!"
or
"No way!"
or もうちょっとやさしく
Have a heart!

Is that practical enough?
No? How about some daily expressions.

7. あまり暑くて寝れない。
Hint: 6 words!
It's too hot to sleep.

8. 汗が止まらない。
I can't stop sweating.

汗と言えば、朝飯前は「sweat」を使って何て言う?
9. No sweat! = It's easy!
That was easy. = I didn't even break a sweat.
He won't even break a sweat.=That will be easy.

映画で一番良く出てくる言い方を知っている?
It's a piece of cake!

Are you sometimes late because you did not notice the time?
What do you say when you are late?
10. Sorry I'm late! I ________ __________ of ____________.
Sorry I'm late! I lost track of time!


OK! That's the lesson for tonight!
Tonight was an example lesson!
If you really want to learn English you
need to study by yourself and then ask me lots of questions. I give about 14 30-minute live lessons a month! Join me and study with us! Thanks for coming tonight! Everyone be safe and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment