Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nico Nico Douga – Nov. 7, 2011: Saying Simple Things in English

Nico Nico Douga – Nov. 7, 2011
Saying Simple Things in English
I have a question. May I?
There was a bag that I wanted at a store, but they were sold out.
ここにあったバッグどこにありますか?
How can I say that in English?
Where is the bag that used to be here?
Where can I get the bag that was here last week?
パーティーに誘われた時,行くかどうかわからない時なんていう?
I'm sure if I can go yet.
Which way are you leaning?


1. 私の家族は3人です。
2.明日、電話する。
3. 今日は6時に迎えに行く!
4. 駅まで送ろうか?
5. どっかに行きたいな〜!
6. 往復で切符買えますか?
7. このレストランで何が美味しい?
8. それ、どこでてに入れたの?

1. I’m married, and we have a son.
or I live with my mother and father.
It’s just me and my parents
Do you have a big family.
2. I’ll call tomorrow.
I’ll call you tomorrow.
I’ll give you a call tomorrow.
I’ll ring you tomorrow.

3. I’ll pick you up at 6pm.
I’ll come get you at 6pm.

4. Shall I take you to the station?
Would you like me to take you to the station?
Would you like me to drive you to the station?

Would you like a lift to the station?
Would you like a ride to the station?
Can I take you to the station?
Can I drive you to the station?
Do you want a lift to the station?
Do you want a ride to the station?
Can I walk you to the station?

5. I want to go somewhere.
I want to get away this weekend.
I have to get away this weekend.
I need to get away this weekend.
I need to get out of the city.

6. Can I buy a round-trip ticket?
Can I buy a return ticket?

non-exchangeable
non-refundable

7. (formal) What do you recommend?
(casual) What is good here?

8. Where did you get that?

I love your bag! Where can I get one?

No comments:

Post a Comment