Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Oct. 26, 2011 Lesson: Must know grammar

Nico Nico Douga - Oct. 26, 2011 Lesson: Must know grammar

Most can be followed directly by a noun or by the phrase "of the."
However, it cannot be followed by "of" or "the" alone.
Almost* is usually followed by a number or quantifier (90%, all).
The quantifier can be followed by the phrase "of the," but not "of" or "the" alone.

X Most of Japanese have black hair.
O Most Japanese have black hair.

X Almost Japanese like sushi.
O Almost all Japanese like sushi.

X Almost all of girls like fashion.
O Almost all of girls like fashion.

O Almost all of the girls I know like fashion.
Almost all of the students I've taught are Japanese.

almost all of the ~ I know ~
Almost all of the mothers I know love their kids more than their husband.

between:
What is the difference between A and B?
I have to choose between A and B.
I commute between A and B.

Must Know Grammar: little, a little, few, & a few

a) I have few friends., b) I have a few friends.



1. Your English is very good. You made very ~ mistakes.
few
2. I'm going out with ~ friends tonight.
a few
3.
I don't really speak Korean. I can only speak ~ words.

A: Do you have any money?
B: Yes, ~.
a little

I have ~ patience for liars.
little

There are very ~ people who have done that.

A: Are they poor?
B: Not exactly. They have ~ money.

~ would agree with you.


2011
1 I have ~ friends. (almost none)
2 I don't know yet. I need ~ time before I can give you an answer.
4
5 A: Are they poor?
B: Yes. They have very ~ money.
6 He is a ~ man. He's only about 150 cm tall.
7 He is a ~ man. He gets angry at very stupid things.
8 There are ~ that I trust more than you.
10 ~ students are nicer than her.
11 ~ are nicer than her.
12 A: Are you out of coffee?
B: Almost. There's ~ left.
13 A: Do you have any money?
B: Yes, ~.
14 I'm going to meet with ~ friends after class.
15 A: Do you drink?
B: Only ~.
16 A: Are you hungry?
B: ~.
17 A: How many times have you been to Hawaii?
B: ~ times.
18 I'll be in Tokyo for ~ weeks.
19 He's not a vegetarian, but he eats very ~ meat.
20 It rained ~ this morning.
The end.

1. few, 2. a little, 3. few, 4. a little, 5. little, 6. little, 7. little, 8. few, 9. a few, 10. few, 11. few, 12. a little, 13. a little, 14. a few, 15. a little, 16. a little, 17. a few, 18. a few, 19. little, 20. a little

No comments:

Post a Comment