Tuesday, January 8, 2013

(会員)1月08日 (火曜日) 11pm 初級 CLEAN



初級
CLEAN Idioms:
-----------------------------
1. I cleaned my room. 

Mistake:
X I swiped my room.
O I wiped my desktop.
O I wiped my chin.

2. I tidied up my room.

3. I organized my room.

4. I straightened up my room.

5. I put my room in order.

6. I did the laundry.

7. I washed my clothes.

I washed my face/hands.

8. I took a bath.

9. I took a shower.

10. I did the dishes.

11. I washed the dishes.

12. I washed my car.

13. I scrubbed the pots and pans.

14. I disinfected the room.
to disinfect = 消毒する

15. <--> I infected him. 
infect〔病気を〕うつす、感染させる、伝染させる

CLEAN IDIOMS
16. He's clean. = There is no sign he did anything bad.

17. He has clean sheet. = He has no history of crime.

18. Keep your nose clean. = Don't do anything bad. 

19. He came clean about his gambling to his wife.
to come clean = to confess

20. I have a clear conscience.
a clear conscience = やましくない心、潔白な心
--------------------------
21. SUPER clean = squeaky clean
This plate is squeaky clean.

22. He has a squeaky clean reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment