Saturday, January 19, 2013

(会員)1月18日 (金曜日) 11pm MIXED!



X Today is 18 January.
Today is January 18th.
Today is the 18th.
Today is the 18th of January.

Let's cross our fingers.
Fingers crossed.

First let’s review some VERY basic expressions.
1.  ~ いかがですか?
Would you like a cup of coffee?
Would you like some coffee?
Would you like coffee?
4th answer:  --> Would you like to have a cup a coffee?


The thickness of the wire is relevant.

Would you like a piece of cake?
Would you like some cake?
Would you like cake?

2. Would you like to have a cup a coffee?
Would you like to join me?
Would you like to join me for coffee?
Would you like to join me for dinner?
Would you like to join me for a movie?

This is a POLITE expression, but it can be used when you are angry.
Would you like to shut up!

3. Would you like me to help you?
Would you like me to open a window?
Would you like me to turn on the heater?

4. air conditioner = a/c = only cold air
heater = hot air

5. That's a lot of hot air.
That's a lot of talk.
That's a lot of hot air. = That's a lot of talk.

He's full of hot air. 彼は大ぼらふきだから。

6. There's a nip in the air. = It's cold!

7. to nip st in the bud
to stop st before it becomes worse
I wanted to nip that little romance in the bud.
The whole idea was nipped in the bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment