Sunday, January 27, 2013

(会員)1月25日 (金曜日) 11pm 初級


(会員)1月25日 (金曜日) 11pm 初級
I heard it's going to snow tomorrow.
 

What is the weather forecast for tomorrow.

take idioms;
1
to take a shower

I took a shower.
2
to take a trip

I took a trip to Tokyo.
3
to take it easy
a) Bye!, b) Relax!

4
to take one's time
ごゆっくり
Take your time.
5
to take a picture/photo

Could you take our picture?
6
to take a nap

You look tired! You should take a nap!
7
to take medicine

You look sick! Take some medicine!

Take a chill pill.

Relax man! You're too excited.
8
to take time

How much time will it take to get to Tokyo?
How long will it take to get to Tokyo?
How much time will it take to make dinner?
How long will it take to make dinner?
9
to take st to do st
~するタメに〜がかかる
How many eggs does this recipe take?
How many batteries does this flashlight take?
How many phone calls did it take you to find out where he lives?
How many visits to the dentist will it take to fix my tooth?
10
take care
see you later
Okay, take care. I'll see you later.

to take a break = rest for a short time      I'm going to take a 15-minute break.

to take after = to be similar to another person. 
She takes after her mother. They have the same personality and the same manners.

take down = write.    You should take down her phone number and give her a call.
I took down his license plate number.

take (one) for = to believe something, possibly in error. to make a mistake.         
                  Whoops! I took him for a police officer, but he's just a security guard.
He took me for a Canadian.
They took me for a Brazilian.

No comments:

Post a Comment