Tuesday, March 5, 2013

(会員)英会話ライブレッスン 3月05日(火曜日)22:30 FUN IDIOMS!

(会員)英会話ライブレッスン 3月05日(火曜日)22:30 FUN IDIOMS!


March 5, 2013
10:30pm

O Did you have a good dinner?
X I'm going to have a dinner?
O  I'm going to have dinner!


1. It's easy!
It's a piece of cake!
Piece of cake!
It's as easy as pie.
It's a walk in the park. 


2. They got married.
They tied the knot. 
They got hitched.

They got married because the bride-to-be is pregnant. 
It was a shotgun marriage.


3. My back muscles are tight. = 
I have a knot in my back. 

4. I tried very hard to make her happy. 
I bent over backwards for her.

5. A: Can I talk to you?  B: Yes, go ahead.
B: Yes, go ahead. = I'm all ears.

6. suddenly
out of the blue
Then, out of the blue, he just started crying.
I was walking down the street when out of the blue, a UFO captured me. 


7. to use the microwave
Nuke it. 
Nuke it for 3 minutes. 
My coffee was cold so I nuked it.

8. rarely, almost never
once in a blue moon 
I like to got the movies once in a blue moon. 
I go to the movies once in a blue moon. 

a proverb = 諺 
9. Every cloud has a silver lining.

10. Hindsight is 20/20.
Everything is easy to understand AFTER it happens.

20/20 = perfect vision






No comments:

Post a Comment