Monday, March 4, 2013

(会員)英会話ライブレッスン 2月26日(火曜日)23:00 中級~上級  Oscar + News


 (会員)英会話ライブレッスン 2月26日(火曜日)23:00 中級~上級  Oscar + News

I broke a shoelace.
I got a flat tire on my bicycle.

That was a pain in the neck/ass.


I had a pretty productive day. 

I can't think of the word.  It'll come to me later.

Hollywood gave its top honor to Ben Affleck’s“Argo”. 

This was a turnaround for a film that was once a long-shot contender.

That movie was a long-shot. 

That movie is a contender. 

Only a decade ago Mr. Affleck was a punch line at the Academy Awards.

He is a punchline.

He's a joke. = He's a punchline.

He gave a gracious speech.

This year's host was Seth MacFarlane.

He is the creator of FAMILY GUY. 

He is also an amazing voice actor. 

And he just directed TED.

He is known for his risque humor. 

Everyone looks forward to the opening monologue.

monologue = a speech by 1 person

Waht do you call a conversation between 2 or more people.

dialogue

Anne Hathaway won best supporting actress for her role as an emaciated prostitute.

emaciated = super skinny from starvation 

The movie Amour is about an elderly couple coping with illness and death.

They are coping with illness and death.

to cope with st  = to face and deal with a problem
to deal with, to handle, to manage,  to take care of 

大丈夫?Can you manage?

Deal with it! = a) Accept it!, b) Fix it. 

I'll take care of it. 

Leave it to me. = I will take care of it. 

ratings 視聴率
The ratings go up and down every year, but the revenue always goes up.

revenue = money

No comments:

Post a Comment