Monday, March 4, 2013

(会員)英会話ライブレッスン 2月25日(月曜日)23:00 Mix Level アカデミー賞


(会員)英会話ライブレッスン 2月25日(月曜日)23:00 Mix Level アカデミー賞
I'm shocked that Ben Affleck's movie won for BEST PICTURE.

I'm shocked. 
I'm flabbergasted.

I don't think much of Ben Affleck as a director.

I don't think much of ~ as ~.
I don't think much of Ben Affleck as an artist.

I never thought he was Oscar material.

He is not ~ material.

Ben Affleck said, "It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life. That's going to happen," said Affleck, who wasn't nominated for directing "Argo," one of nine films in the best picture race. "All that matters is that you've got to get up."

All I want is a beer.
All she wants to do is dance.

彼女の望みは結婚して母親になることだけだ。
All she wants to do is get married and have a baby.

リラックスしてビデオゲームをしたいだけです。
All I want to do is relax and play video games.

All she is is a liar.

君はただの嘘つきです。
All you are is a liar.

僕はただの英会話講師です。 
I'm just an English teacher. 
All I am is an English teacher.
-------
a blockbuster = a movie that makes a LOT of money
a sleeper = a movie that is not successful at first but makes LOTS of money 
later….

to nab = to capture, to arrest

Jennifer Lawrence, 22, nabbed the lead actress prize for her role as an emotionally unstable widow in "Silver Linings Playbook".

The best supporting actor award was a shocker. 

Long shot Christoph Waltz won for his role as bounty hunter "Django Unchained".

He is a long shot.

a long shot 勝つ見込みの低い参加者

He was up against Robert DeNiro and Tommy Lee Jones.

It's a long shot.

I applied to Harvard, but it's a long shot.

Tarantino pulled off a mild surprise winning Best Screenplay.

I can't believe you pulled it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment