Friday, November 22, 2013

11pm Fri. Night - Members Only! 英会話ライブレッスン MIXED strange action verbs

11pm Fri. Night - Members Only! 英会話ライブレッスン MIXED strange action verbs

1. to dust
to dust the crops
農薬をまく[散布する]

2. to stab = さす

3. こん棒で殴る = to bludgeon

4. to smack sb in the face, to smack sb on the bottom
~をピシャリと打つ、強くたたく

5. to smack sb in the face = to slap
She slapped me (in the face).

6. to hit sb with a closed fist = to punch

7. hit たたく

8. beat up
打ちのめす、めった打ちにする
When I was in elementary school, an older kid beat me up.

9. ~を襲って金品を奪う
mug
I was mugged.

The bank was robbed.
I robbed him.
I robbed his house.

The money was stolen.
I stole the camera/watch/money.

10. to pilfer = to steal things from work

11. to embezzle = to steal lots of money from a company
He was fired for embezzling money.

12. The police caught him. = The police nabbed him.
13. The police arrested him. = The police busted him.

13. He was arresteed by the police. 逮捕された

caught / arrested / apprehended / busted / nabbed

14. He was pinched by the police.

15. She gave me a kiss/smooch.
They locked lips.

16. They kissed. = They snogged.

17. くしゃみをする=sneeze

18. snore いびきをかく

19. sniff 匂いを嗅ぐ

20. snarl うなり声、ガミガミ言うこと
-------------------
21, to write = 書く

22. to draw = 描く, draw a picture 絵を描く

23. to draw the bath = draw water for a bath 風呂の水をくむ

24. to take a picture = to snap a picture
a snapshot = a photograph

25. to render a photograph / video
My new computer renders pictures very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment