Thursday, November 28, 2013

(会員)Nov. 26 英会話ライブレッスン Talking about numbers

(会員)Nov. 26 英会話ライブレッスン Talking about numbers
1. ~ish

2. 見積もり = estimate
見積もりする = estimate
 
to give sb a quote 

He gave me a quote.
Can you give me a quote?

3. Can you give me a ballpark figure?

4. I'm really really happy. = I'm in seventh heaven. 

5. It was easy to see what happened. I just put 2 and 2 together. 

6. What are you thinking? A penny for your thoughts?

7. I gave him my opinion. = I gave him my ~ cents. 

8. He looks like he hasn't shaved for a day or 2. He has a ~ o'clock shadow.

9. Bad words in English are also called 4 letter words. 

10. Bad things happen in threes.

11. Your days are numbered. = the end is coming

12. He is dead. = He's 6 feet under.

13. I did 2 things with 1 action. =
I killed 2 birds with 1 stone. 

14. I have to start over. = I have to back to square ~. 



No comments:

Post a Comment