Friday, November 22, 2013

(会員)2013年10月22日 英会話ライブレッスン Random MUST KNOW Idioms

October 22, 2013

1. Not today. Maybe next time. = Rain check.

2. I don't feel well. = I'm a little under the weather.

3. That is very easy. =  That is a piece of cake.

4. It's raining very hard. = It's raining cats and dogs.
It's pouring. It's really coming down. It's raining hard.

5. I'm never going to do that. = I'll do that when Hell freezes over.

6. I'm never going to do that. = I'll do that when pigs fly.

7. It's time to go to sleep. = It's time to hit the sack.

8. It's time to go to study. = It's time to hit the books.

9. Those two things are completely different. = Those two things are….. and …….

Those two things are completely different. = Those two things are apples and oranges.

10. Get to the point. = Stop beating around the bush.

11. I don't talk to him anymore. = We lost touch. 

12. 元気だした! = Cheer up!

13. I can't decide. = I can't make up my mind.

14. He can never make up his mind quickly. = He is indecisive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment