Friday, November 22, 2013

英会話ライブレッスン Useful Expressions (Mix Level)



1. ちょといいですか?
Excuse me?
Got a minute?
Can I talk to you for a minute?

2. お話の途中ですみませんが。。。
I'm sorry to interrupt you, but...

3. オフレコで話し手もいいですか?
Can I talk to you off the record?
Can I speak to you off the record?

4. お話があります。
We have to talk.
We need to talk.
I have to talk to you.
I need to talk to you.


5. 何よりも先...
First things, first...
First of all,
Before everything else...

6. 結局...       
In the end...
At the end of the day...
As it turned out... 
When all is/was said and done...

7. What are you thinking?
A penny for your thoughts?

8. 実を言うと。。。
Actually...
To tell the truth...
To tell you the truth...
As a matter of fact...

9. He doesn't like to talk about what he's planning.
He plays his cards close to his chest.

10. 恐れ入れますが...
I'm sorry to bother you but...

11. It is better that you do A than B.
You're better off buying a new car.

A: My girlfriend broke up with me.
B: You're better off.

You're better off taking the subway.

12. きっと
I bet...                                                          
I bet it's going to rain tomorrow.
彼はきっと疲れている。
a) I bet he's tired.
b) He must be tired.

I bet you're hungry.
You must be hungry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment