Friday, November 22, 2013

(会員)2013年10月21日 英会話ライブレッスン Money Idioms Part 2

(会員)2013年10月21日 英会話ライブレッスン Money Idioms Part 2


1. I'm poor. = I have no money. = I'm broke.
I'm flat broke., I'm dead broke.
I don't have a dime to my name.
I'm penniless.
I'm destitute.

a penny=1 cent
a nickel=5 cents
a dime=10 cents
a quarter=25 cents

If I had nickel for everytime somebody ~, I'd be rich.

2. I'm a little strapped for cash.
I'm a little shy.
I'm 2 credits shy of graduating.
He is just shy of 50.

3. I'm cash poor.

4. He's rich.
He is successful.
He is prosperous.
He's filthy rich.
He's stinking rich.
He's wealthy.
He has deep pockets.
He is well-off.
He is well-to-do.
He is loaded. = lots of money
He is loaded. = drunk
The gun is loaded. = the gun has bullets


He is affluent.
He is an affluent businessman.
He is an affluent doctor.

He became rich beyond his wildest dreams.



No comments:

Post a Comment