Thursday, November 28, 2013

(会員)Nov.23 英会話ライブレッスン 愛、結婚、離婚に関する英語 (Mix Level)

1. 一目ぼれ = love at first sight

It was love at first sight. 
I believe in love at first sight. 
I (don't) believe in love at first sight. 
I saw that jacket and it was love at first sight. 

2. He is captivated by his own image. 
I was captivated by her. 

3. He fell in love with her. 

4. 片思い = unrequited love
I love her, but she doesn't love me. It's unrequited love. 

5. puppy love = 幼い恋
Puppy love is a kind of childish obsession. 
He is obsessed with her. 
6. obsessions=執着, 妄想, 熱中

7. I got married. vs. I am married. 
I got married 20 years go.  
I was married 20 years ago. 
I am married. (now)

8.  He got hitched. = He got married. 
They got hitched. 

9. He took the plunge.  = He got married. 

10. They tied the knot. = They got married.

11. He's finally ready to walk down the aisle. 

12. He married her. They got married.
X He married with her. 

13. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

14. jocular: It's a jocular expression. It's also a bit crude. 下品

15. I was joking. < I was being jocular. 

16. We are having marital problems. 

17. We are going to a marriage counselor. (a couple's psychologist 心理学者)

18. wedding ring

19. an engagement ring 

20. a psychologist 心理学者

21. We broke up. 

22. I'm not divorced, but I am separated. 

23. We reconciled.

24. We got divorced. 

25. We broke up. We split up. 

26. She filed for divorce.  
彼女は離婚を提訴しました。

27. an open mic night 

Blues Traveler


No comments:

Post a Comment