Sunday, August 10, 2014

(公開)8月10日(日)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン MORE Random Idioms

(公開)8月10日(日)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン MORE Random Idioms      
1. He was struck by lightning.
Idiom: Lightning never strikes twice. 

2. He could sell ice to an eskimo. = He is a great salesman. 

3. It’s the best thing since sliced bread.  = It’s a great new invention. 

4. He fooled me. = He pulled the wool over my eyes.

5. When someone gives you a gift you should just say thank you.  = Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. 

6. I heard the news straight from the source. = I heard it straight from the horse’s mouth. 

7. I would never go to a place like that. = I wouldn’t be caught dead in a place like that. 

8. I will not allow that. = Over my dead body.  

9. Relax. Calm down. = Keep your ~ on. 
Keep your hat on. 
Keep your shirt on.
Keep your pants on.
Keep your hair on.


Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On (Official Video) HD



No comments:

Post a Comment