Friday, August 22, 2014

(会員)8月22日(金)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン Fish Idioms-2!

(会員)8月22日(金)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン Fish Idioms-2!

1. He drinks like a fish. = He drinks a lot.

Similar: He can hold his liquor.
He can’t hold his liquor.

2. to fish for compliments = to say st because you want someone to compliment you. = 褒めてほしいことをほのめかす

3. I have 2 problem. a) with coworker, b) with big customer
Joe, my coworker is mad at me, but right now I've got bigger fish to fry.

4. Shit or get off the pot.  どっちにするのかはっきりする

Fish or cut bait! 
ハッキリしろよ!/とにかく何か始めろよ!/少しは役に立てよ!◆【直訳】魚を釣るなり餌を切るなりしなさい。

5. Holy mackeral! = OMG!

6. Gone fishing!
7. Every morning we’re packed in like sardines in the subway.
《be ~》すし詰めになっている

8. a small fish = a small fry
In the Internet world I’m small fry. 

9.  That car salesman is a shark. Be careful when you  do business with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment