Monday, August 25, 2014

(会員)8月25日(月)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン Random Lesson

(会員)825日(月)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン Random Lesson

1. The Ice Bucket Challenge
ALS=amyotrophic lateral sclerosis =《病理》筋萎縮性側索硬化症

2. It’s just good marketing. 

Lou Gehrig ルー・ゲーリック
He died in 1941 at the age of 37 of ALS. 
He died of + disease. 

3. He died in a car accident. 
He died in the earthquake. 

4. I was born in Peru, but I was brought up in America.

I was born ~ an island.  
on

I was born ~  a farm. 
on

I was born ~ a cattle ranch.

5. to suspect
Many people are suspicious of the ASL ice bucket challenge.

6. to criticize = 批判する、批評する
Some people criticize it because they say it's a waste of water.

7. I can see that. 
I can see why people say that. 

8. 空気が読めない 
He cannot take a hint. 
Can't you take a hint? 
言いたいことが分からないのですか。/空気が読めないの?

You need to work on your ability to pick up on non-verbal cues. 



No comments:

Post a Comment