Friday, August 22, 2014

(会員)8月21日(木)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン fish idioms! Yay!!

(会員)8月21日(木)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン fish idioms! Yaeh!

1. 怪しい fishy

2. 慰める expression. When someone has a broken heart what do we tell them?
There are plenty of fish in the sea.
There are plenty of other fish in the sea.
There are more fish in the sea.
He's not the only fish in the sea.

3. I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond.

4. I’m off the hook. = I am no longer in trouble.
I was going to fire you, but since your sales went up you’re off the hook.

5. I’m hooked on that TV show.
I'm addicted to Breaking Bad. = I'm hooked on Breaking Bad.

6. I'll hook up with you later.  = You go ahead. I’ll meet you later.

7. We hooked up at the party.

8. He swallowed it, hook, line, and sinker.


9. He is a cold fish. = He is not friendly at all.

10. He has a handshake like a dead fish.
He shakes hands like a dead fish.

11. I feel like a fish out of water.
I felt like a fish out of water.  <—> I felt right at home.

12. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.
It was no challenge. I won. Someone else lost.






No comments:

Post a Comment