Sunday, March 8, 2009

ニコニコ動画 Class, March 8, 2009

Tonight on Niko Niko Douga, I plan to study these words/phrases.
You can become a member here.
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/channel/ch208

お久しぶり。

Easiest: Long time.

Most common: Long time no see.

Slang: It's been [ages / years / a while / forever].

Surprise: I haven't seen
you in a while.

Formal: It's been a while.

Casual/cool: Well, hello stranger!

Positive: It's good to hear from you again!

Idiom to use when someone comes in suddenly: Look what the cat dragged in.

久しぶりに5年ぶりに会った。=
I haven't see you for 5 years.
This is the first time I've seen you in 5 years.

久しぶりに最高のニュースを聞いたよ.=
That's the best news I've heard for a long time.

1念ぶりに寿司を食べに行った。=
I went out for sushi for the first time in a year.

ひさしぶりに=
For the first time in a long while
For the first time
in a long time

子供の時以来久しぶりに=
for the first time since one was a child

"finally" is usually translated to "at last" or "やっと" but in some cases it is also a kind of 久しぶり。
久しぶりに晴れましたね。
We finally got some sunshine.


懐かしい=natsukashii, nostalgic

That (song) sure brings back memories.

That (song) takes me back.

That takes me back to the good old days.

It feels like the good old days.

News:
Monkeys at the Awajishima Monkey Center are suffering from 花粉症
花粉症=
I'm allergic to pollen.
I have a pollen allergy.
I have hay fever.

counterfeit 10,000-yen notes

偽札, 偽造 紙幣(ぎぞう しへい),にせ札=
counterfeit bills

Qちゃん、ありがとう「最後の雄姿」にファン大声援
雄姿=
beautiful figure ,majestic figure, magnificent view

声援=
applause
support

No comments:

Post a Comment