Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ニコニコ動画 Tuesday Class, March 17, 2009

Let's learn new ways to say easy things:
1. He's old.
2. She's young.
3. She's rich.
4. He has no money.
5. He died.
6. I feel sick.
7. I'm tired.
8. I'm hungry.
9. He's crazy.
10. That's easy.
11. I am surprised.
12. I can't go tonight.
----------------------
Answers to above!
----------------------
1. He's over the hill.
2. She's a spring chicken.
3. She's loaded.
4. He's broke.
X He's broken.
一門なし。He's flat/dead broke.
5. He passed away. (formal)
He kicked the bucket.
He bought the farm.
6. I'm a little under the weather.
7. I'm pooped.
I'm beat.
I'm exhausted.
I'm dead tired.
8. I'm starving/
starved/
ravenous/
famished/
peckish/
so hungry
I could eat a horse.
9. He's nuts/insane/bananas.
O He's a nut. but
X He's a banana.
10. That's a piece of cake.
That's a walk in the park.
That's as easy as pie.
That's child's play.
11. I'm speechless.
I'm at a loss for words.
12. I can't make it tonight.
I'll take a rain check.

No comments:

Post a Comment