Tuesday, March 31, 2009

ニコニコ動画 Tuesday Class, March 31, 2009

This is a review of words used in
the LIVE NICO NICO CLASS
broadcast on March 31, 20009.
--------------------------------------------
~ はどこですか?
Where is the restroom?
Excuse me, where is the toilet?
toilet=regular
restroom=more polite
bathroom=remember this is NOT お風呂
powder room=very polite, women use it
ladies room=polite
men's room=polite
the loo=British English
the head=military English
Example: I gotta hit the head.
the john=men's casual English

Excuse me, how can I get to the station?
Do you know the way to ~.
Could you direct me to the station?
Could you show me the way to the station?
Could you tell me where the ladies room is?
Excuse me, could you tell me where the luggage claim is?

It's located in Sakae.=The word "located" is formal and not necessary.
It's in Sakae.

New way to say お久しぶり!
"Look who's here!"

On the telephone: "Long time no talk!"
or "It's been forever."
-------------------
It's 花見 Season!
-------------------
We're having a cherry blossom viewing party this weekend.
The flowers are in full bloom.
満開=full bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment