Friday, October 19, 2012

(会員) 金曜日 10:30pm - 10月19日 初級 - 政治の英語



1. a politician

2. politics: I'm interested in politics.
Most people are apathetic about politics.

3. apathy = no interest
I’m apathetic about ~.
= I have no interest in ~.
= I am not interested in ~.
= I am disinterested in ~.

TIME OUT!
This week was a blur.
in focus = you can see it clearly
This picture is blurry. = This picture is not in focus.

4. He spoke to me.

5. He gave a speech to the class.

6. He is a good speaker.

7. He is an eloquent speaker.

8. Who are you going to vote for?
to vote = 投票する

Where do you want to go for dinner?
I vote for pizza.

9. I second that vote.
選挙=election

10. The presidential election will take place November 6.

11. president  / presidential

12. = a Senator

13. absent = can’t come to class

14. an absentee ballot =


No comments:

Post a Comment