Tuesday, October 23, 2012

(会員)10月23日(火曜日) 23:00 - 初級 MUST KNOW ENGLISH



1. It’s new.
I just bought it.
I just got it.
It’s brand spanking new.

Basic time idioms
1. to wait for
I am waiting for a friend.
I was waiting for you for 10 minutes.
I haven't seen you for 2 weeks.
I haven’t seen you in 2 weeks.
I will see you in 2 weeks.
X  I will see you after 2 weeks.
I'll see you after ~.
I'll see you after school.
I'll see you after class
I'll see you after the meeting.
I'll see you after I do my homework.
I'll see you later.
I saw him later.
I'll see you after 2 weeks have passed.

2. during v. while
Someone called while you were out.
Someone called while you were away.
Someone called while you were gone.

The earthquake hit during the meeting.
There was an earthquake during the meeting.
We had an earthquake during the meeting.

3. sometimes = once in a while
    sometimes = every once in a while

4. It’s not worth your while.

5. A: Can you help me?
B: What do you need?
A: Can you take me to the airport?
B: The airport. That’s so far away! It’ll take at least an hour!
Why don’ t you take a taxi or the subway?
A: Oh, come on! I’ll make it worth your while.







No comments:

Post a Comment