Monday, October 8, 2012

(会員) 月曜日 11pm - 10月08日 初級 - GET idioms



-----------------
I just relaxed.
俗語 I just chilled all weekend.
Calm down! = Chill out!

become = get / be
What do you want to be when you grow up?
=What do you want to become when you grow up?
X What do you want to get when you grow up?

BASIC: BE vs. GET
1. I am married. vs. I got married.
2. I am full. vs. I got full.
3. I am angry. vs. I got angry.

I got angry when he punched me.
I'm sorry I ~ angry yesterday. (was/got)

4. I am sick. vs. I got sick.
5. I am fat. vs. I got fat.

------------------------
BASIC "get" IDIOMS:
------------------------
1. Wake up! --> Get up!
2. Prepare yourself. --> Get ready!
3. Put on your clothes! --> Get dressed!
4. Put on your formal clothes! --> Get dressed up!
5. Board the train. --> Get on the train.
6. Opposite of "Get on". --> Get off.
7. Arrive home. --> Get home.
8. Enter. --> Get in.
9. Exit. --> Get out.
10. Escape. --> Get away.
11. I understand. --> I get it.
------------------------------------------------
LEVEL 2 “get” IDIOMS:
------------------------------------------------
12. Go away. --> Get lost.
13. We have a good relationship. --> We get along.
14. しっかりしろう! --> Get a grip!

15. I suddenly had stay to work. --> I got stuck working.
16. Mind your own business. --> Get a life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment