Sunday, October 21, 2012

(会員)10月21日(日曜日) 23:00 - Barack Obama[Details]


This video goes to the Nico Nico Video:


Transcript Part 1:

Watch this interview and read along! 
Click below

a snippet = a clip = a short part of a video

He leans left. = He is not conservative.

a Two Party System

J=Jon Stewart
O=President Barack Obama
----------------------------------------------
This is for teaching purposes! 

J: Welcome back! My guest tonight is currently the president of these United States. Please welcome back to the program, President Barack Obama. Nice to see you. Please sit.
How are you?

He went/came back home.

O: I'm good. How are you? Good to see you, everybody. Good to see you.

J: How are you?

O: I am doing great. Before I do anything else I have to acknowledge... We have some amazing women warriors.

Give them a big hand. = Give them a round of applause

J: Yes.

O: We've got a whole crew of veterans. I had nothing to do with this. The USO wanted to bring them here.

J: It was a happy coincidence.

What a coincidence!
This is a coincidence!

O: I just want everyone to give them a big round of applause.

J: Happy coincidence, by the way. They didn't even know you were coming.

O: Absolutely.

J: I do want to ask you this, though. Before we... I'm putting together a scrap book of the whole 2012 campaign, and I don't, I have these great pictures from the 2 debates. But I don't know which debate they're from so if you could... I have these 2 pictures. There's 1 picture. I don't know if you can get that, and then there's the other picture. And I'm wondering, could you tell me... which...

It’s clear/apparent/obvious.

O: Cute.

J: I don't, I don't if I have the dates. Do you know which debate was which?

O: Cute, cute, John.

to tease     to make fun of     to make a fool of     to humiliate

to mock sb = to copy and insult

No comments:

Post a Comment