Sunday, October 16, 2011

公開生放送: ニュースから学ぶ英会話 - Headline News for Oct. 15, 2011

HEADLINE NEWS
My wife gave it to me.
I have been sick recently.
My tooth has been hurting.
I have been Ving. I have been adjective.

iphone 4S
Updating was a pain in the neck.
Updating my computer was a pain in the neck.
New iPhone launch turns into remembrance for Jobs
a rememberance 法事
It's the anniversary of my grandfather's death.
a launch = a new product is introduced
a new product launch
The new iphone was launched last week.
The new Mission Impossible movie was released last week.
The new Mission Impossible movie hit theaters last week.
His song drops tomorrow.
Fans flock to Apple's Ginza store for new iPhone.
to flock = to go/come in big crowds
They are flocking to the beaches.
a flock = a large group of ??
a flock = birds/sheep
a pack = wolves/dogs/teenagers
a herd = cows / horses
a school = fish
a swarm = insects
a murder of crows
a pod of whales
a pride of lions
People flocked/swarm to the stores.

Casual: a bunch of ~ a lot of ~ a whole mess of ~
-------------
Unlicensed 16-year-old joyrider confesses to hit-and-run in Saitama.
He confesses to a hit-and-run in Saitama.
He confessed to (CRIME).
He confessed to murder.
He confessed to stealing the money.
He confessed to falling in love with her.
He confessed his love/shock.
He confessed he was gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment