Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Oct. 3. Intermediate – Advanced: Fun & Cool English

Fun & Cool English
Nico Nico Douga - Oct. 3. Intermediate – Advanced
1. I got into a small car accident. I got into a ~.
a fender-bender

2. Thanks for listening to me. = Thanks for letting me ~ your ear.
bend

3. What are you interested in? = What are you ~?
into
He's really into his work.

RELATED: What are you up to? = What are you planning?

4. She is really easy to talk to. She is really down to ~.
earth

5. They broke up. = They ~ up.

6. Let’s get out of here. = Let’s ~.

7. I gotta go. = I gotta ~.

8. I'll pay half and you pay half. = Let's ~ it.
5-8: split

9. He is really rich. = He is ~.

10. He is drunk. = He is ~.
10: trashed/loaded/wasted
9-10: loaded

11. The police caught him. = He got ~.
He got arrested. / He got nabbed. / He got busted.

12. I saw you looking at that girl. You like her! ~!

13. Stop that! = ~ it out!
Cut

14. Stop that! = Cut it out! = ~ it off!
Knock

15. Stop that! = Cut it out! = Knock it off! = Give it a break. = Give it a ~!
rest

16. I'm so happy! = I'm in ~ heaven!

17. I'm so happy! = I'm in seventh heaven! = I'm on cloud ~.

18. A: What movie do you want to see next week?
B: I don't know. Why don't we play it by ~.

19. I need to ~ up on my grammar.
brush/bone

20. He is so sexy. I want to jump his ~.
bones

21. I have a ~ to pick with you.
bone

22. A: You want to try?
B: Sure, I'll give it a ~.

23. A: You look great! = You look like a million ~!
B: Thanks! I feel like a million ~.

24. He is doing something that is borderline illegal. = He's doing something ~.
fishy / shady / suspicious / questionable

No comments:

Post a Comment