Monday, October 24, 2011

(会員) MIXED 英会話/English Class - Daily Conversational Expressions - Part A

ニコニコ動画-Oct. 23, 2011-Mixed!

NEWS!
an autopsy
They performed an autopsy.
They conducted an autopsy.

Autopsy: Qaddafi was killed by shot to head
He was shot in the head.
I punched him in the shoulder.
I shot him in the shoulder.
I kicked in the shoulder.
I got hit in the arm.
The golf ball hit me in the leg.
Maggie bit my hand.
Maggie bit me on the hand.
Maggie bit me in the hand.

1. have vs. got
持っている時, it's the same, but "got" is casual, "have" is more formal.
I got time. = I have time.
I got to go. = I have to go.
I got to go. = I have got to go.
I got tired. (become/なる)X I have tired.
-------------
USA: Do you have the time?
UK: Have you got the time?
-------------
2. 彼氏いますか?
Do you have a [boyfriend / girlfriend]?
Are you seeing anyone / anybody / someone?
Are you dating anyone?
Yes, but it's not serious.

3. ペット飼っています?
Do you have any pets?
△ Do you keep any pets?

4. 美味しそう!
It looks good!
It looks yummy!
It looks delicious!
It looks tasty!
It looks appetizing!
It looks scrumptious!
That makes my mouth water.
The salmon is mouthwatering!

5. バカな=stupid, dumb, silly
a stupid person=an idiot, a dummy, a moron, a fool, a retard (<--RUDE)
You are an idiot! < You idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment