Monday, October 24, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Oct. 19, 2011 - Travel Expressions

Nico Nico Douga - Oct. 19, 2011
Travel English
I took a trip.
I went on a trip.
I like to travel.

Why?
There is no explanation. It's just that way.


1. the TRIP rule:
I'm here ~ business.
I went to Tokyo ~ business.
This Christmas I'm going to Australia (2) vacation.
They are ~ their honeymoon.
They went to Hawaii for/on their honeymoon.
I went (2) a jog.
I went (2) a run.
I went (2) a hike.
I went (2) a swim.

2. 彼は今出張です。
He's away on business.
He's out on business.

3. What is the purpose of your visit?
A: I am here on business.
A2: I am here on vacation.
A3; I'm here to do some sightseeing.

4. Do you take traveler's checks?
Do you take American Express?
Do you take VISA?
Do you take traveler's checks.


or


Can I use traveler’s checks?
Can you take traveler’s checks?

5. Do you have any rooms (available)?
Are there any rooms available?
Do you have any vacancies?

6. Can you change Japanese yen?

7. What's the exchange rate?
I want to buy American dollars, what’s the exchange rate?

Can you exchange dollars for yen?

8. Can you recommend a good ~ restaurant near here?


Can you reccomend a good ~ around here?
9.

No comments:

Post a Comment